Monday, July 6, 2009

The last leg of Ireland

Never have I ever believed that I could find myself in anywhere but the Americas. But now here I sit traveling farther and farther into the world of the unknown, well at least for me that is, further east through Europe to where I write from to you from Amsterdam. Before I get ranting on how much this place has blown me away, exceeding every expectation I have ever had….. for real though, take something or someplace that u have always dreamed of, get those expectations you imagine for it, now multiply them by 10 times that of what you expected and you have what im feeling. Completely blown away, and I will be perfectly honest it’s not because of the weed, that’s just a perk ;)
Before I get to it I need to catch everybody up on some things that have been happening around the tail end of Ireland then a lil snap of England and then hopefully on to the very French, urine smelling (only at night), pretty gardens/parks, amazing architecture, and Eiffel tower climbing city of Paris, France not the town of paris, ny but theeeeeee Paris!
To begin… Limerick was a great city boring cause we were a lil outside the city center but nothing much in the way of sights. We did however get to see King Johns castle the oldest structure to I have seen to date!!! (sidenote: the coke here tastes so puree and delicious, just took a sip) I liked limerick because I was enlightened into the exact whereabouts of frank mccourts childhood. I read the book Angela’s Ashes and actually got to see the city for myself, it’s really cool to go see a place that you read about. Anyways we had one real night out with each other in that city. The first night I was off by myself trekking through stab city to find the girls food. After taking a left turn instead of taking a right I went to someplace different. Loll back toward our hotel, about 4 miles later I was back where I started and proceeded to take another go at it. Finally I got back to the center of the city where the pubs were rocking and the main drag was full of people drinking I wanted to stay but I found heaven (a place called chicken hut) that had what I had considered the most delicious burgers ever, they all had a sort of big mac sauce on them. Anyways I made it back to the hotel after about three hours without getting stabbed and mugged of my food. The best night in limerick was when we all went out and I made a second attempt to get some of the good stuff to try and smoke my mind. We were all at a lil dance bar when there were these 2 girls sitting alone in the back corner, maybe they were lesbians, hell I don’t know now that I think of it, haha anyway I had a few in me at this point so I was chatting with the girls the rest of the night, one was 29 the other was 22. their friend couldn’t come into the city to help me out so snubbed again in limerick. That was a good night up until I decided to teach them about irish car bombs. In the middle of showing them how to drop the shot glass in the cup I nailed it and shattered the pint glass in my hand. That’s when we said good night to all our new Ireland friends and too off to the hotel. Tomorrow we fly off to cork.
Cork, best city in my book (till I hit Amsterdam) the day life the nightlife everything about it was perfect. Not as many tourists there so u got to mingle with the irish folk, I don’t really remember much about how the days went but from what I remember I will give you bits and pieces of our time there. For the most part we all hung out together the first day on travel days it’s always nice to just relax. We tried to ring the bells at st. annes church but they were closed at 5:30 we were too late. So we headed back towards our hostel and realized everything closes at 5 or 6 and the nightlife begins. We grabbed some food and went back to our place on the hillside. During one of our days we went to the blarney castle. It was huge and very cool to see, I got to kiss it there is the video on our web page but I do know most of you have seen It already. And mom the video u see is me kissing it the second time!!!! U can ask everyone! So there I did kiss it for you too!!! Once the castle was over we took off to the city and planned out the night, we went to the super market, got food for dinner, the pepperoni here tastes very different, but its alright. After a good meal and a rest in the park we took off to clacys pub where every night something was going on, tonight was traditional irish dancing. Not only did we dance to the irish music, we got to pour our own pints right at our table!!
Earlier on we told a few friends about the pub we might go to and they remembered and met us there. Jac and Terry were their names and there we drank the night away, I also enter the contest at the end but my partner (not the twins) kept turning the wrong way and we lost, but I must say that I lasted a lot longer than I thought I was gonna. Hammered at this point we decide to leave the pub all the twisting and dancing and spinning was meaning it was time to go to bed. On our way back to the hostel we had to climb this huge hill, one of the pictures shows the size of it, I decided to race Jacinta up to the top, I gave her a lil head start but I ended up passing her about halfway up. So we just sat down at the top waiting for everyone else to slowly walk up the hill. It was worth the wait. After that I blogged ya’ll, so its been awhile. The next day we got up, the girls parted ways with us and we were off, josh and I roamed the city looking at a few guitars in some music shops and a few djembe’s for our trip around Europe. On our way back we stopped off at the pub and grabbed a pint while I waited for a friend I met the night before, this is where my first adventure looking for weed begins. I called a guy who I met the night before at this food place. He wanted me to meet him at the bus stop right in front of that same place. He pulled up and I hopped in, it was him and his “girlfriend” so I didn’t think twice. We drove around cork up and down the hills, till we got to the place. She hopped out came back 5 mins later and we took off. I got what I was looking for and they drove me back to the hostel. If it weren’t for me being hungry then I probably would have said yes to going to the park with then to meet up with their friends. Off they went, just another person in my life that was kind and did someone a favor, I will probably never see them again in my life, I have his number, no name, and a face that at this point blend in with so many others, crazy really. This was our last night in cork so we took off to clancys again where the irish weavers were playing live tonight, well only half of them played 2 ended up leaving, I don’t know why though. For dinner I got fish and chips…. Ohhh yeah absolutely delicious!!!! So needless to say, my goals are turning into; eating some traditional food everywhere I go, finding new friends, getting drunk, the weed search, everywhere I go these will be my quest. Its been a blast trying to accomplish it everywhere, we listened to the irish weavers for awhile longer and took off to our last destination for the night. Stromans pub where we got discounts on everything we ordered because they were part of our hostel group. There jac and I thought it would be fun to go behind the bar and have our pictures taken because it was a pretty sweet ass bar. Needless to say after about 5 shots of me behind the bar (because my dumbass kept putting my head in front of the tap and the picture didn’t come out so well till the 5th shot haha my bad) we finally got the shot then it was her turn and we got her. The trip was deff off to a great start its sad we had to leave Ireland what a country! Cork overview: deff a must see for those that are planning an Ireland trip! Had a blast not too many tourists just the right atmosphere, plus u gotta go to blarney that’s about 15 mins north to kiss the blarney stone. Give me a day or two and I will have our London story ready for the blog, sorry its taking so long its just I have to set aside a long time to write. First I gotta get a lil wasted then get done with talking to anyone and im set. I just never make it past the talking to people part. I will have a few afternoons to spend in Amsterdam so I will use them wisely! Love and miss you all!!! Chat with you all in a few days!!!

Rob~
p.s. promise england will be a little more colorful and more to your likeing!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment