Friday, July 10, 2009

Big Old City


Hello again.

It's been a bit since I have written so I will just give you some of the highlights of the past couple of weeks.

Just a comment on this lifestyle; It is not routine, comfortable, or easy, but it is full of surprises, rewarding and extremely thought provoking. With that said I often have a lot to say and little time to say it.....

Flying to London was the most excited I had been so far since the start of the trip. When we got there I felt like I was right at home. The hustle and bustle was similar to New York City but still noticably different and I was ready for a change of pace after Ireland. After we checked in I explored the city and the parks.

Now picture this....
You just got to and older part of the city with cobblestone roads and narrow streets and started to hear a chatter in the distance. Its a pretty good feeling to be in a new place where you know there is so much history. As you keep walking the chatter slowly grows louder and you begin to hear the clincks of forks, knives and glasses as they hit the plates and tables. You come across a high end resturaunt that has huge windows that are all wide open for the warm night. The sun was just about to go down and you know most people are just going out for dinner after work. Just the simple buzz from the people in a different accent makes the experince more surreal and makes you wonder how different their world view is in comparison.

I couldn't help but think about all the major news that had broken out throughout the years in that spot and began to actually realize where I was on the map. I like those moments better than seeing any of the tourist attractions.......Plus it's a lot cheaper.

You saw other pictures and heard other stories from London but those were somethings that stuck out for me.

Josh







1 comment:

  1. You really do write so well brother. Remember who taught you all you know!!! ;)

    ReplyDelete